Sunday, January 14, 2007

World of Wheels

Mamma and Little Guy with the General Lee!

Hubby with his favorite! Jack Daniels!


Little Guy in front of the Hot Wheels Car.

Little Guy with the life size Mater.


Today we went to the annual World of Wheels car show. Mostly because it was held close to our house, at the new University of Phoenix Stadium (yuck, I hate that name, it'll always be Cardinals Stadium to me). We thought that Little Guy would get a kick out of seeing the life size Mater from Cars and the General Lee. Heck, I was excited to see the General Lee. And Little Guy was excited to see all of that. He was even more excited about seeing all the classic cars and the engines. Don't ask me where he got this from. We've never done anything like this before, and I don't think he's been exposed to cars and engines like this before. Occasionally Little Guy and Hubby will sit and watch Overhaulin', but that's it. They're more into American Chopper. Anyway, it was fun to watch him.


I, on the other hand, was disappointed. I expected a lot more, since this has traditionally been held at the Civic Center. It seemed small and there were not very many vendors. I don't know what I expected, but this wasn't it. What was really disappointing though, is that the General Lee was advertised but we couldn't get close enough to actually see it or get our picture taken close to it because they wanted $10 to take a Polaroid picture and get an autograph with Cooter. So we got ours in front of the merchandise table. Same thing with Mater. They wanted $5 to take a picture with Mater. We just stood outside the rope and hoped for the best when we shot that picture. Thankfully, it turned out well.


Hubby and I were excited when we found out that Chris Garver from Miami Ink was going to be there, and the line wasn't too long. But then there was his handler. Five bucks for an autograph. I guess this is how things are done, but it seemed like a rip off. Oh well. Live and learn. I guess the most important part of the day was that we had fun, and Little Guy had a ball.


1 comment:

Desert Songbird said...

Man, the things we do for our kids, huh? So glad Little Guy had a good time!