Saturday, January 6, 2007

The Quadrafecta!

I got a call from the Surgery Scheduling nurse the other day regarding my due date. Since Little Guy was a C-section, I had the option of doing the same for Baby L. Since I'm not big on pain or anything, I chose the option of another C-section. Plan it, go in on the specified date, get the spinal block and not have to worry about labor pains or contractions. That's the plan.

When we found out that Baby L was due in March, hubby groaned. March is a big month for us, at least in my family. We have a unique birthday happening in my family. My father is March 13, I am March 14 and my younger sister is March 15. In addition, my father in law is March 1, sister in law March 29 and an assortment of anniversaries and birthdays of other friends and family.

When I was pregnant with Little Guy, his due date was March 11. He was so big, however, that the doctor induced me and he was born on Feb. 28. So while he missed the March 'curse', he's still close enough to be a part of the festivities.

Baby L's anticipated due date (should I carry to full term) is March 25. But with having a C-section, the doctor wants to make sure I'm not going to go into labor, and we're planning for about a week ahead of time. My doctor has gone ahead and scheduled my due date for.... drum roll please.... March 16!

We have now put the Quadrafecta in action...

1 comment:

Desert Songbird said...

That's too dang funny! How did you manage that?