Saturday, January 6, 2007

Crafty Crafty Me!



Many moons ago, while I was visiting relatives in Albuquerque, my cousin started to show me how to crochet. I started this scarf about three years ago, with nothing more in mind then to try to get the stitches down. I worked on it for a while, then put it away for what turned out to be years.

This year I started making a stocking for hubby, and when I went to pull out the materials I needed, found the length of crocheting. Little Guy saw it and asked if it was a scarf for him. Sure, why not? So I finished it off and added some tassels to it. (That is, after I went and bought a crocheting book to find out HOW to do the tassels!) The scarf itself, when you look closely at it, is really quite amateur. But Little Guy is quite proud of it, and so am I.

In fact, I'm so infatuated with crocheting right now that I'm practicing to make Baby L a blanket. Wish me luck, it looks to be complicated!

1 comment:

Desert Songbird said...

The most important thing is that Little Guy loves it -- doesn't matter how it looks!

And he looks adorable in it, I might add.