Saturday, January 6, 2007

Accident Update

Well, as of the day after Christmas the 'Jaywalker' (as I have nothing else to call him by and refuse to let myself think that I had anything to do with his decision to walk in front of my truck!) was still in the hospital in Critical Condition and on life support. Egads. But it's out of my hands now, all I can do is say a prayer and trust that whatever happens is meant to happen. Of course, after I hear that, we start worrying about the family coming after us to pay for medical expenses, even though I AM IN NO WAY AT FAULT. This is such a sue crazy country that you never know what will happen.

However, I had some good news shortly after hearing this. We got a call back from the insurance agent regarding the damage to the vehicle and they do their own investigation based on my statement and the police report. The gal said the same thing to me that the officer did. It sounds like I was no way at fault, there is no liability on my part. We have medical coverage up to $15k per person in an accident, and since he was the only injured party he's the only coverage. And since he's injured so badly they are going to offer the $15k for medical expenses, but in return they are going to ask for a release that they will not hold us liable or come after us for any other expenses.

So I'm resting a little easier now...

1 comment:

Desert Songbird said...

Well, there's one more bright spot in this tragic situation.

Thanks for the update.