Saturday, December 16, 2006

Whoo Hoo, Score One for ME

I just had two of those door to door salesboys come to my door. They were young twenty somethings I'd say, and I was in the back of the house when superdog started barking wildly. Little Guy was totally immersed in the TV, so he didn't even bother to go see who it was, even though we had the door open with the screen. I don't think I've ever seen two adults so wary of a little 15 pound dog. It was quite funny.

Anyway, then wanted to sell me some cleaning product. First they told me the neighbors told them to come over to my house for dinner because I cooked a mean dinner. **SNORT** I don't cook. I told them that my neighbors didn't know me very well. Then they started in asking me if I liked the rust stain on the driveway. I told them it wasn't my thing, it was my husbands. He deals with it. Then they started in on the cleaning, and I told them I didn't clean. They asked if I married Mr. Perfect, and I told them that I had cleaners. Then they tried the young child bit, because they saw Little Guy. They asked if he ever wrote on the walls. That got a quick "NO!" and they were stumped. All of a sudden I got, "Well, thank you, Merry Christmas!"

Score one for ME!






This is superdog!

2 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

Good on ya, girlie!

Desert Songbird said...

One other thing -- after they left calling out "Merry Christmas!" I would have replied, "And Happy Hanukkah to you, too!"

Or something equally smart-ass like that.