Sunday, December 10, 2006

Egads!

Last night was the staff Christmas Party and hubby and I had a blast. It's only the second year that our school has gotten together to do a party, and I thought it went pretty good. We had it at the Elephant Bar up by Arrowhead, and I'm not sure what I was expecting, but when I saw that we were (kinda) squished on the outside patio, I had some doubts. There were about fifty to sixty of us (teachers and spouses) and while it was a tight fit, we did OK. There wasn't a whole lot of room to move around, but we managed to visit who we wanted to visit. Of course, it doesn't matter where we end up, we wind up segregating ourselves by grade level. The cool first grade teachers showed up and we had a blast. Or, at least, I did. It was a great deal too. For twenty buck we got drinks (soda), an appetizer to share, an entree (and there was at least eight entrees to choose from), desert AND it included tax and tip! There was some discontent within the staff about the choice of venue and cost, but man, hubby and I thought it was the deal of the century. We would have wound up spending at least twenty more than that had we gone by ourselves.

Of course, being a group of teachers, we ate early and were done by 7:30. Whoo-hoo, we know how to party! My mom was watching our son, so we decided to take the opportunity to go and get some Christmas Shopping done for him. It's hard for us to find time to do this, mostly because I work days and my husband works a swing shift. I see him three to four days a week, on his days off and in the mornings of my weekends. So when Mom offers to take him overnight for something like this, we jump at it. And shop we did. This Christmas will be just as successful for our little guy as previous ones. We just love to shop for him. We just took stock of the things we've bought (and stockpiled!) and it'll be a Power Ranger and Cars Christmas.

The EGADS comes in when we went to pick up little guy after church this morning. I had turned my phone off during church (proper etiquette, you know!) and Mom had called me to let me know that little guy had been throwing up since three thirty in the morning. Yikes! In the four and a half years since he's been born, little guys has been throwing up sick a grand total of ONE time. And that time it was projectile vomit and so bad we went to the emergency room. I was (and still am) a little scared. Thank god hubby will be home the next couple of days. He's so much more level headed than I am in situations like this. Since we've been home, though, little guy has been able to keep down some crackers, some Dora Chicken Noodle Soup and Pedialite. He then conked out for about an hour or so. Knock on wood that things stay down. I'm not good with vomit...


1 comment:

Desert Songbird said...

Aww, so sorry to hear that your little guy's been ill. My Little Man was under the weather today as well and skipped church.

Tell your little guy that we hope he feels better soon!