Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Summer Is Approaching

Summer is here. Not technically, I know, but nonetheless, it is here. I am eagerly awaiting this weekend when we are heading over to my mothers to swim. It has met our requisite 3 days of 100 degree + weather for us to go into the pool. Little Guy is chomping at the bit, we had hoped to go in the pool on Mother's Day, but it didn't work out. But this weekend we are partying for my mom's birthday in the pool.

Pools seem to be a staple here in Phoenix. We don't have a pool now, and I didn't have a pool growing up. We didn't get a pool until my mom and step dad bought the house that they live in now. I was a freshman in high school when that happened, so I only got one summer to relax in the pool until I had to work the summers away. Plus, I had a variance to go to school, so none of my friends lived close enough to come over on a whim to go swimming. I remember living at my friend Dani's house the summer between fifth and sixth grade. We were in that pool from morning till night, and then some.

We're going to have to move eventually, the house isn't big enough now that we have Baby L. I am bound and determined to have a pool. I feel awkward calling up friends and inviting myself over so we can swim. (Plus, I don't have a close enough friend where I can just go over and hang out) I want to do the inviting and have the parties around the pool. My mom says I'm insane, having a pool is a headache... but it won't be my headache, it'll be hubbies!

No comments: