Friday, May 18, 2007

It was a great run boys...




Tonight our beloved Phoenix Suns lost Game Six to the San Antonio Spurs.

I have to admit, I haven't been 'into' the Suns since the Barkley, Marjelre, KJ, Ainge era, and that was when I was in high school. Then the Diamondbacks came around and I was much more into baseball than basketball because I have a 10+ year history of playing softball, and the rules were second nature to me.

Then last year the Suns took off again. After listening to Tim & Willy talk to Laurel D'Antoni (coach's wife) and hearing their Suns songs, I started getting into Suns Basketball again. This season I made an effort to watch the games when I could. I wound up watching quite a few games because of the damn diabetes and not having much energy to do anything after a full day at school with the kiddos!

I've watched the last two years as we've made it to playoffs and I'll never forget my junior and senior year in high school when the Suns went to the finals against the Chicago Bulls (boo!). My best friend was from somewhere up in that area, not Chicago itself, but somewhere Midwest where there were no teams, so you had to pick the closest one to your state. So, she had been a Chicago Bulls fan for years. And I was a Suns fan. We had some real rockin debates (as much as two 17 year old females can about basketball!) about who was the better team and who would come out ahead. I'll also remember the three pointer made by (I'm stretching here...) Steve Kerr that was the nail in the coffin for the Suns. The town was devastated and my best friend... well, she rubbed it in the rest of the school year.


No comments: