Thursday, March 8, 2007

I'm Done

I am so ready to be done with this pregnancy. I thought I had a rough time with Little Guy, but he was a piece of cake compared to what Baby L is putting me through. First the morning sickness, which you could set your watch to, the continued nausea that lasted until Thanksgiving, then being diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes. It has not been a poster child pregnancy.

Lately, there hasn't been much room in my abdomen for much of anything, and I think that Baby L is feeling crowded. She doesn't like it when I lay down on my side, I can't sleep on my stomach anymore, standing is making my legs weak and if I don't sit in just a manner, she lets me know. I am so ready to have this baby.

Yesterday I went in for my biweekly non stress test and ultrasound. I let the NST nurse know about the pain I've been in, and the fact that the night prior I had a real bad back ache and thought I might be having some mild contractions. Well, turned out my doctor was on call yesterday, and she came to take a look at me to see if we could get things moving along. No such luck - no dialation. Go home, rest and get off your feet. Great. But, I have my regular appointment with her tomorrow and if I've started to dialate, we can get this show on the road. I could care less about keeping the quadrafecta intact, I just want to sleep on my tummy again!

2 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

It'll be over soon, and then you can have sleepless nights because of a newborn's strange sleeping habits!

Desert Songbird said...

Congrats all around! Baby L looks beautiful, and big brother looks so happy.

I'm tremendously ill right now with a wicked cold, bad allergies, and laryngitis. When I'm recovered, I'll want to hug that new little one!