Monday, March 19, 2007

Happy Birthday Mommy!

Well, Baby L has joined us. And, as I should have guessed from the pregnancy, she wouldn't make it easy! Very early Wednesday morning my contractions began. They weren't hard and were not close enough to go to the hospital, however they were unnerving enough for me not to get to sleep until about 4 in the morning because I was timing them all! Then I figured if I could sleep through them, it wasn't that bad, and besides, I was going in for my NST at 8 that morning, I'd just let them know then.

So, I'm at the hospital, hooked up to the monitor, and Baby L is just fine, but I'm having contractions about 7 minutes apart. The nurse sent me down to have my weekly ultrasound, and Baby L is just great, but I'm having contractions on the ultrasound table. (Do we see a pattern here!?!) When I get back upstairs to the NST area, the nurse checked me out, and sure enough, I had started to dialate (whoo hoo!) and she called the Dr. on call. He turned out to be a real nice guy, and we talked and basically his reasoning was that I was scheduled for a C section on Friday anyway, I had started labor and had dialated, no reason to send me home to be miserable for two days, lets do it! Great! Finally!

So I called hubby (last time I brought him with me, we got sent home), we got Little Guy to the sitter, called Mom and within an hour I was prepped for surgery. (I won't go into all the gory details here!) And at 11:03, Mommy got her 30th birthday present, Baby L.

No comments: