Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Good News Is... The Bad News Is...

The Good News Is: Hubby got a new position at work and works days! With weekends and evenings off!
The Bad News Is: I have the kids all day to myself and I'm not used to it. Also, we now need full time day care, instead of just part time!

The Good News Is: We found a babysitter!
The Bad News Is: We're out $200 a week for child care.

The Good News Is: The Monsoons are almost here, it's raining! (Well, sorta)
The Bad News Is: I haven't been dry in days.

The Good News Is: Bible School has started for Little Guy and he's out of my hair for a couple of hours each day!
The Bad News Is: I have to have the whole house (well, Little Guy, Baby L and me) fed, dressed and out the door by 8:30 to get to the church on time.

The Good News Is: School starts in a month, Little Guy is so ready to be around kids his own age.
The Bad News Is: Summer is over! My school opens up next week and I have to start going back to get my (new) room in shape. It'll be the first time since March 2 that I've been back to my school to work. Yikes.

I've enjoyed having almost five months off of work/school. With Little Guy I was chomping at the bit to go back to work. I couldn't get a schedule down, and didn't really do anything because I was going back to work. With Baby L, well, I now have a 5 year old to entertain in addition to taking care of an infant. Time has flown, and both of them have kept me busy.

I never thought I'd hear myself say I wanted to be a stay at home mom, but in some ways I think it might be nice. I'm getting a bit of cabin fever, so I know it's time to do something, but I think a lot of it has to do with trying to keep Little Guy entertained. There isn't a whole lot of kids to play with, and it's hard to keep him occupied. It would kind of be nice to see how it would have worked out staying at home with Baby L while Little Guy goes to school, but it isn't in the cards for us to do that. And I think it's best for us all. We get so much of each other during the summer, that maybe we need the time away from each other during the school year.

No comments: